I wanted to try something new to help me use my dies and stamps more. So I decide to re-organize all my die cuts and stamp images into categories.
I purchased this rolodex from the dollar store for $4 and placed a small piece of paper in every page with stamped images on it, place into its category.
Again I don’t use my Slice die cutting machine as much as I wish I would, so I thought maybe if I put some of the die cuts into the rolodex under the categories to help me see and inspire me with ideas.
I have been using this system for a few months now and have found it be very helpful and inspiring.
Hope you enjoyed…
Thanks for looking 😀
I made this new sewing machine cover. This is what I have now and I was getting the itch to get my sewing machine warmed up…
Started with a pattern from McCall’s
I would like to make up some of the boxes for my cube shelves. Then I pinned and cut out the pieces.
and here is the finished product with a pocket. I started in the afternoon and completed it by early evening. I love it, it was a quick and easy project. I just love getting projects done in the same day.
Thanks for looking,
This is my version of how I organize my unmounted stamps. First of all, I have index cards (4 x 6) all of my stamp images into categories that I would search by to find them. I try to think about how I would look for them and categorize them by topic. i.e. – journaling, boys stuff, words, Christmas, etc. Secondly, I make sure I use a card that is associated with the letter “A”, “B”, “C” or “D” and that corresponds with the container that I store the stamp set in.
Here are my containers “A-C” that the stamps are stored in on my shelf above my desk. All the “D”s are wooden stamps and I store them on another shelf by my desk. As you can see each container is label with the letter.
Here is what you would see if you opened one of the containers. Each stamp set is labelled with the letter of the container and place inside a cd sleeve if small enough, if not small enough than I put it in a cello type bag, just to make sure if one of the stamps falls off the plastic it isn’t gone forever.
This system works for me, it seems like a lot of work, however, once you have it set up and maintain it, it really isn’t that bad.
Try it out!!!
Altered clipboard – How sweet is this?
I love it! I just took some paper from an old package I had, not even sure whos paper it is.
Here are some quick instruction for this project:
1- take an old or used clipboard and some carpet tape, outline the outside perimeter with the tape make sure to stay close to the edge of the board.
2- stick down piece of paper on clipboard at the bottom edge and trim around with scissors or craft knife and than sand down edges with sanding block to finish the edges.
3- attach washi or decorative tape to the exposed edge and trim. You may or may not want to the clip part of the board (I did because it was looking a beat up and not too pretty).
4- this step is optional, I used some chipboard and sticker elements that came with the paper package. These elements were used at the bottom of the board and on top the clip.
There you go you are done!